Follow me for tips to live a richer, simpler life! My family lives "better" for less and enjoys our everyday life - and yours can too!



Friday, May 20, 2011

What are YOU Reading Friday

Hey everyone! This post is from last week - remember when Blogger was down?? I couldn't write this then, but since I still have this book, I am "submitting" it here as what I am reading.
I'm not sure where I saw or heard about this book, but it is beautiful and uplifting. It's not a novel as much as it a self-help (or self-discovery?) book. But, really, it's great and it's a fast read. So fast in fact that this is not the first time I've read it! I checked it out from the library about 6 months ago, but wanted to re-visit and read it again.



The book is called you are here by Thich Nhat Hanh. It's billed as being a book about "discovering the magic in the present moment". What I remember most about this book is it being about enhancing the present moment to make it richer, thus making your LIFE richer and more rewarding. How awesome is that?? ..and all in less than 140 pages!
This is great for me because I feel like I never want to miss out on anything that's going on in my daily life. I just try to grab hold with both hands because I don't want to forget the little everyday moments that make my life (and life with my little family) so beautiful and precious. I think a re-read of this book will put me right in that spot that I am looking to be in - - and make me feel more gratitude for the simple pleasures.

What little things happen in your life that you want to remember?
How do you save or catalogue those special memories?

It's been two weeks since I posted What are You Reading, but we had some great comments to the post last time. Jodi from Magical Mouse Schoolhouse is reading Boundaries by H. Cloud and J. Townsend (which is NOT a "for pleasure" book, as she mentioned) - I will be checking this one out to see WHAT it is about; Patricia is reading Land of the Painted Caves  by J. Auel which is chronicles how people lived and what they lived off of - sounds interesting, I like reading about lifestyles of different people in different times; and English Rose (who contributes to this series regularly, thanks ER) is reading The Wicked Ways of a True Hero and getting ready to read Illuminations of the Heart.

English Rose also had the greatest comment about her favorite cookbook saying that it was one that her mom put together - it is all recipes from her family!! Wow! That was so touching to read - and what a special memento to have from everyone in her family.

What are YOU reading today? Join the discussion in the comments section below.
Thanks!
More later! :)