Follow me for tips to live a richer, simpler life! My family lives "better" for less and enjoys our everyday life - and yours can too!



Friday, May 27, 2011

What are YOU Reading Friday

Yay! The sun is back and the weather is warm again!!! I can't wait for the long weekend!!! We are going to a Strawberry Festival tomorrow and on Monday afternoon, we are BBQ-ing! It's GardenBurgers and vegan hot dogs with Grilled Veggie Kabobs, but I still love the idea of firing up the grill for the first time in months!!!
What are YOU Reading today?


I got this book called Coloring Outside the Lines: Raising a Brighter Kid by Breaking All the Rules by Roger Schank. I thought it would be great because the title is so catchy. Unfortunately, it's really geared towards parents who have teens (or maybe pre-teens so you can prep ahead of time?). But wasn't really suitable to our family right now. However, I still thumbed through the book to see if maybe some parts could help me right now with anything, or give me ideas to help me raise a smarter kid!! I didn't see much. BUT - if you have teens, this would be a great book. There are LOTS of sections on listening and communicating effectively with teenagers and things that you can do to modify your behavior to show your teen that you are actually listening and caring about what they have to say.
I may be checking this out again (or something like it) in about 10 years!!

I also got this book that it is on the LA Times Bestseller list. It's called The Four Hour Body. ...I guess I should have known by the title that it was just too good to be true (lol)! It's about maintaining and maximizing your eating and workouts so that you don't have to spend a lot of unnecessary time doing extra work that is stressing your body - as opposed to helping you lose weight and keep it off. I was thinking that the food part of the diet or program is so restrictive (no fruit except one day a week!) that you would have to be extremely disciplined to even be able to follow it.....but, if you were that disciplined, would you need to read the book??? Hmmm.... Guess I will be sticking with my little workouts that I sneak in every night after Miss No-No is in bed...  :)

Are you working out?
What methods are working best for you right now?
Any new books on your To-Read List?

Last week, JR911 stopped by to say that she is reading The Losing Role on her Kindle {{jealous of the Kindle}}.  :)  She does book reviews all the time on her site so she has lots of good suggestions and ideas about books to read!!

Please check in with me tomorrow afternoon when I post a sample menu plan for the following week (that is affordable, healthy, and easy to cook!). Also, take a minute to enter my giveaway - it ends Wednesday and the entries are SUPER low!

More later!! :)