Here's what we are having for dinner this week:
Left over Bonanza
Peanut Sauce Veggies with Zucchini Noodles
Garden Burgers and Sliced Cucumbers
Marinated Mushroom Wraps
Veggie Tray with Homemade Dressing / Dip
Pasta Dinner with Make-your-own-Salad and Garlic Bread
1. We did our Leftover Bonanza last week, but for some reason (!) we didn't get through everything. So, we will be doing in on Monday this week instead of towards the end of the week, like usual.
2. Peanut Sauce Veggies are sooooo simple and easy - - everyone will think you slaved over this!! I just cut up a couple of zucchini, julienned some carrots, added some frozen peas, and topped it off with cilantro (or you could use italian parsley). To make the sauce: in a blender add 1/4 - 1/2 cup of nut butter (I used cashew butter, but peanut butter works great too), 1 clove of garlic, juice of 1/2 lemon, 1/2 cup of water, and some cubed ginger (alternatively, you could use about 1/8 tsp of dried, ground ginger); Reserve some sauce to pour over the finished dish or make extra for use later in the week. Mix the veggies in a large bowl, pour the dressing over the top, mix again, then put in the oven on a low heat (200F, or so) and "easy bake" for about 1/2 an hour. I premade these (they are in the fridge right now) so that they will be ready when dinner is. Making them ahead of time is great because it gives the veggies time to soak in all the sauce. I will be putting this on top of my zucchini noodles.
3. Garden Burgers are store bought... I have been hoping to make my own, but haven't had the time!!
4. Marinated Mushroom Wraps: Slice small mushrooms and put in a 2:1 marinade of olive oil and either Braggs Aminos or (water-diluted) soy sauce... Add in some sliced white onions, if desired. Let marinate 10 - 20 minutes. Using either rice paper wrappers (found in Asian stores), trimmed collard leaves, or even tortillas, lay down a little bit of romaine lettuce, the marinated mushrooms, some julienned carrots, bean sprouts (if you have them) and some sauce (either left over sauce from the veggies from Tuesday or a similar sauce). Wrap up like a very small burrito and serve!
5. Tortilla Soup: I just make this in my blender....no cooking required - it's fast and easy to make and a snap to clean up. I don't have a recipe here, I just add stuff in until it looks right and then adjust to my taste as necessary. Generally, I put in three halved roma tomatoes, 1/2 peeled carrot stick (chopped), 1/2 stalk of celery, 1/8 of white onion, some cilantro, a little bit of taco seasoning (1 - 2 T), a garlic clove, a little bit of juice from a lemon, and a little bit of water or veggie broth to get it all moving around really nice.
For the tacos, I either use store-bought taco shells or use a collard green, a tortilla, or some kind of wrapper to wrap everything up!
What new things are you eating this week?
Have a great week!
More later!! :)