Follow me for tips to live a richer, simpler life! My family lives "better" for less and enjoys our everyday life - and yours can too!



Saturday, February 11, 2012

Heart Shaped Crayons for Valentine's Day

Still looking for a cute Valentine's Day gift for your kids or your kid's class?  ...I know....it's nearly down to the last minute and you still don't know what to do, but now you don't have a lot of time, and you don't want to spend a mint trying to get it all together - and you don't want it to take up your whole Sunday (or Monday night!). What to do? What to do?

Today, Miss No-No and I made these great Valentine's Day gifts for her class!! The crayons cost me 47 cents a box (we needed three boxes to make 24 crayons). It's perfect and it doesn't take long!!



I originally found this idea on Pinterest (of course, where else? lol). But, it was perfect, easy, and it's something that I know that the kids will love, use, and be able to use up!!! <~ Something I always want in my house!!!

To make 24 crayons you will need:
  • 3 Boxes of 24-count crayons
  • A heart shaped muffin pan (I used a silicone "pan", but a regular one sprayed with vegetable oil would work)
  • An oven  ;)

1. Unwrap all crayons








2. Break each crayon into at least 4 pieces








3. Put approximately 15 crayon pieces into each heart shaped muffin cup

4. Bake at 230F for approximately 14 minutes

5. Remove from oven and let cool for at least 15 minutes (or until no longer warm to the touch)





6. Waa-laaaa - "instant" DIY gift perfect for toddlers!!!

What are you making for your little one's class for Valentine's Day?

More later!! (: