Follow me for tips to live a richer, simpler life! My family lives "better" for less and enjoys our everyday life - and yours can too!



Monday, February 6, 2012

A Week of Menu Ideas

What's for dinner in your house this week? We have a sick baby here, so tonight we had soup!

We had a fun, beautiful weekend. I took this picture of a diner and (the reflecion of an) old art deco theater in Newport Beach - the theater is called the Lido Theater and it has mostly the original fixtures (or good reproductions) inside and out...it's stunning, especially when you look around at the new sidewwalks, new cars, and the Starbucks a stone's throw away, and stop and realize how OLD this building is (I know for some places in America, this ISN'T old, but in California, it seems like a lot of old buildings fall into disrepair or get torn down before anyone realizes how awesome they actually are...). Amazingly, as much time as I spent in NB when I was in college, I had NEVER seen this building before - - and it's right on a corner on the way to the beach!!! But, most importantly, this picture shows perfectly the kind of weekend that we had. It's supposed to start raining tonight, so I'm glad I was out in the sun on the weekend!!


Here's my plan for the week:

Monday
Soup and Salads

Tuesday
(Pre-) Roasted Veggies
Wilted Greens
Polenta "flowers"

Wednesday
Tomato (pita) pizzas
Salads

Thursday
Garden Burgers
Potato Salad and Carrot Sticks

Friday
Leftovers

Saturday
Dinner out

Sunday
Pasta dinner (with pre-made sauce)
Salad
Garlic Bread

What are you making?

More later! (: