Follow me for tips to live a richer, simpler life! My family lives "better" for less and enjoys our everyday life - and yours can too!



Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Red Hands!

Miss M has been waking up early (still!) since the time change a couple of weeks ago...It's so nice that I get to see her before I leave for work every day. Usually, she kind of attaches herself to SN - - since he's the first one she sees, I guess...but, it still is fun to talk to her for a minute or two before I head out the door.
This morning, for some reason, she came straight into the kitchen (instead of going into our bedroom) and she attached herself to me (yeah!!! I LOVE IT). So we walked around the house for about 10 mins together and she just followed me around - - until she saw SN, of course!! Hahahaa. Anyways - at one point, we were talking about something and she said - Mommy, you have a shirt on - - and I told her that I had it on because I was going to work and she looked at me and said - Wooooowww. (Like she was really impressed - - or maybe, like I was the kid telling her a story and she was the adult) Hahahaha. So funny.
She really is talking a lot now - and starting to make us laugh even more. I don't want to forget anything, so I am just going to run through it all here:
The other day, she told me something, and I said - really - and she said - Mommy, I'm serious. Hahhahaha.
Last night, she and SN were watching TV and there was a plane on whatever show they were watching. She told SN that she went on a plane once. When he asked her where she had gone, she said - I went to See-attle. :) We were shocked - even though we were there less than a year ago, we are just surprised that she remembered it - so cool.


Last night, I was finishing up dinner and I looked down at my hands and did a double take!! Red Hands!!! My hands were red all night, but thankfully, the rest of it washed off in the shower this morning...
Obviously, we had beets for dinner last night! I cooked them up the night before so all I had to do last night was take them out, slice them up, and add them to the salads:

Organic Beet Salad
4 organic beets (boiled for approx 40 mins, cooled, peeled, sliced)
2 clementine-stlye oranges (peeled and sectioned)
1 head of lettuce (cleaned and chopped)
handful of toasted walnuts

Layer lettuce, beets, oranges, then walnuts. Cover with dressing.

For the dressing, I just used a couple of tablespoons of vegan homemade sour cream (1/2 block of silken tofu, couple tablespoons of olive oil, splash of lemon juice, and cider vinegar processed in the food processor), mixed with some safflower oil and salt and pepper. mmmmmm-mmmmm
I know, its so simple and easy, but I need some things to do with beets besides roasting them with other veggies or just eating them plain on the side. I was trying all kinds of things, sauteed with greens, on the side with lemon dressing, but this was fast and easy - and I don't want to forget it, so I've got it here!
More later !
:)