Follow me for tips to live a richer, simpler life! My family lives "better" for less and enjoys our everyday life - and yours can too!



Friday, May 6, 2011

What are YOU Reading? Friday


Hey everyone! Happy Friday!!! :)
What are you reading today?

I picked up this new book called Eat to Live by Joel Fuhrman, MD. The claim is that you can "lose up to 20 pounds (or more!) in six weeks". Dr. Fuhrman is a ...nutritional researcher who specializes in preventing and reversing disease through nutritional and natural methods (from the back cover).

I don't know about losing 20 pounds (although I wouldn't mind! ahhahaha!), but there are some good recipes in here and nearly all the daily plans include some kind of dessert (mmmm). And the desserts look awesome, but I haven't had one yet.
I have already done a couple of days of the plan and I love the lunches, they are good and filling. Most of the dinners can be made in 30 to 40 minutes! And the breakfasts are all easy and fast although some require pomegranate juice (which I don't have and have been substituting for freshly made carrot juice). Additionally, I don't feel full, full, full, but I also don't feel hungry either (except in the mornings, when I first get up, and then I am starving!). Overall, this book is good and seems to focus on the fact that everyone needs lots of whole grains, fruits and (both) raw and cooked veggies.
I spent some time a couple of years ago reading about "nutritionally-deficient" caused diseases and how they can be nearly (or completely) reversed using good, wholesome, whole foods. I was impressed with the studies I read and the information that I learned. This book boils a lot of that down into an easy to read format (without being overly scientific) with testimonials here and there to break it all up.

This book is good informational reading and good for wholesome recipes.
What are YOU reading today?

Thanks to all the comments on my What are YOU Reading post last Friday. I really enjoy hearing about what you are all reading and what your intrests are. Share it all with me in the comments.

What is YOUR favorite cookbook? Or good food / recipe book?

More later! :)