Follow me for tips to live a richer, simpler life! My family lives "better" for less and enjoys our everyday life - and yours can too!



Monday, August 15, 2011

A Week Of Menus

It's Sunday and it's soooooo quiet in my house right now - - aaaaaahhhh! I LOVE quiet time :)

...and it's time for my meal planning "break"! I feel like I have been working with zucchinis and beets forever now!! I heard someone say one time that they could never wait for zucchinis to be ready in the summer and that they would eat so many of them that by the end of the summer they felt like they never wanted another zucchini again (....until next year). And boy, is that how I feel right now with my zucchinis AND beets!!!
The only person in our house who isn't sick of beets right now is little Miss No-No. She asks for beet soup on (nearly) a daily basis still!

Speaking of zucchinis, my parents came over this weekend with some beautiful zucchini blossoms / flowers that I will be grilling up this week!! These are a rare treat for us and since I messed up the WHOLE batch that I got this year, I am hoping to perfect the correct grilling method this time around....hahahhaha!

For dinner this week, my basic plan is to use up my leftovers and get rid of anything that might go bad before I can get to it!

Monday
Black bean and roasted corn salads
Bean burritos or tacos
(to use up extra corn on the cob we roasted over the weekend)

Tuesday
Grilled Tofu "Steaks"
Julienned Zucchini and Sliced Orange Salad (with roasted almonds)
Homemade orange vinaigrette salad dressing
Bulgur with Cilantro
(to use up extra tofu, bulgur, and, what else?, some zucchini)

Wednesday
Grilled Zucchini Blossoms on Big Salads
(Salad with: julienned veggies, garbanzo beans, sunflower seeds, and homemade dressing)
Grilled Pita Bread

Thursday
Veggie Hot Dogs
Small Side Salads

Friday
Left over Bonanza

Saturday
Dinner out

Sunday
Italian Pasta Dinner
Salads
Garlic Bread

And, while I won't be cooking with a lot of zucchini this week, I did find a picture of my zucchini boats!! I thought that I was too hungry and that I must have forgotten to snap the picture, but turns out that I did have it, but was too scatterbrained (I guess!) to find it when I wrote that post!!!




What's for dinner at your house this week?

Hope your weekend was great!
More later! :)