Follow me for tips to live a richer, simpler life! My family lives "better" for less and enjoys our everyday life - and yours can too!



Monday, March 12, 2012

A Week of Menu Ideas

We recently got to spend some time in Florida - not the Disney World part of Florida - the real Florida! We stayed with my in-laws at a place near Clearwater. It's so beautiful, and simple, and so south. Mr. No-No and I have both been to FL before, but we stayed on the east coast. This trip was so much better (however, we also were with my in-laws, my SIL and her family, and two of Mr. No-No's aunts and one of his uncles). I love to go places and see new things, but I am a people person - - I want to travel with my family!!
This is a picture of Miss No-No on Honeymoon Island - it looks photoshopped, but it's totally untouched. That's how beautiful and awesome the west coast of FL really is!


Hard to believe, huh? It looks like some tropical island....but it's in the states!!! We can.not.wait to go back!!!

But...now it's back to the grind (:
Here's what I have planned for this week:

Monday
Stir Fry
Brown Rice
Kelp Noodle Salads with Ginger Salad Dressing

Tuesday
Vegetarian Taco Salads

Wednesday
Chickpea and Tomato Pitas (1)
Fruit
Salads (with Chopped Tomatoes and Bell Peppers)

Thursday
Garden Burgers

Friday
Rotini with Steamed Veggies
Seared Tofu
Salad

Saturday
Veggie-Style Colcannan
Smashed Potatoes

Sunday
Pasta Dinner
Salad
Garlic Bread

Notes:
1. Chickpea and Tomato Pitas: Mix a can of chickpeas / garbanzo beans with 2 or 3 diced tomatoes. Mix in 2 - 3 Tbs. yogurt (I use soy yogurt), diced cucumbers (if you have them), 1/4 tsp of Braggs Seasoning (or Mrs. Dash No-Salt), a pinch of pepper and a pinch of salt. Put inside of pita breads (or use tortillas or a wrap), top with chopped lettuce, and serve!

Where have you been lately? What beautiful things have you seen?
More later!! (: