Follow me for tips to live a richer, simpler life! My family lives "better" for less and enjoys our everyday life - and yours can too!



Monday, June 11, 2012

A Week of Menus - Mangoes, Mushrooms, and Miso Soup

I hope everyone had a great weekend!!!
My little one's school session ends next week (she's graduating!!!) - - I am thinking about taking her to downtown LA to see that new Disney movie Brave to celebrate.... It sounds like a fun outing!!!

But, while I try to decide on that..... here's what I have planned for dinner:

Monday
Beans and Greens (Sauteed Kale) (1)
Dinner Rolls

Tuesday
Tofu and Veggies
Over Polenta with Pan Roasted Tomatoes
{Jap Chae from wikipedia.com}

Wednesday
Jap Chae (2)
Miso Soup

Thursday
Garden Burgers
Brocc Slaw

Friday
Black Bean and Mango
Salad on Tostada Shells

Saturday
Dinner out

Sunday
Pasta with Homemade Sauce
Salad / Greens with Carrot Curls

Notes:
(1) To make the sauteed greens: trim and wash the greens (I am using kale so I will have to remove the center rib, cut the greens into bite sized pieces, and wash). Heat a little bit of olive oil in a skillet over medium, add 1 - 2 cloves of minced garlic; let cook for 30 seconds; add in greens. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 10 - 15 minutes, adding a tablespoon or two of water when needed (so greens don't overcook and stick to the pan). Remove the lid and cook off as much residual water as possible (or as much as you have time to cook off!). The greens should be tender and wilted down a lot. Press out any extra water against the side of the pan before serving. Add salt and pepper, if desired
(2) Sad to say - my jap chae and my miso soup are from a mix!! But, it's fast, easy, relatively healthy, delicious, and a complete meal on it's own.


What fun thinkgs do you have planned to start off your summer???
More later! (: