Follow me for tips to live a richer, simpler life! My family lives "better" for less and enjoys our everyday life - and yours can too!



Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Hallway Hopscotch

It doesn't rain a lot in California - - and it's rarely as cold as it's been lately... But that doesn't mean we can't have fun inside!! (:
I found this on (...drum roll...) Pinterest (where you can also come by and visit me!) and you KNOW I couldn't resist!


It's perfect to keep my little one active and busy when it's too cold to go outside and play!
Here's what you need:
Ruler
Electrical Tape
Address Numbers
Erasable / Washable Marking Pencil


I got my address numbers from Home Depot - I think that they cost $2 or $3 for a whole set.
Since I have tiles in my hallway, I didn't really have to do a lot of measuring to make sure that the boxes were the same size. I did use a marking pencil (like the kind for sewing) to find the middle of the tiles where I needed to. I used the electrical tape (which we already had) to make the boxes, and trimmed them with a straight edge once they were overlaying the grout. You could also do this same thing by just cutting them to size if you don't want to take a straight edge to your flooring.
Initially, I just wrote the numbers in with the pencil, but after about a week, the numbers were almost gone. Instead of writing them in every weekend, I just went over to Home Depot and got the sticky house address numbers (which will probably need acetone or alcohol to get them off later, but...oh well!).
This has been lots of fun for Miss No-No and because it's neatly done, I don't feel like it's something I need to "take down" or get rid of if we have someone over. We have had this in our house for about 4 months now and it's in a high traffic area (our hallway!) and it's not showing any signs of wear.
The whole thing took me about 25 or 30 minutes to lay out, stick the tape down, and trim it up - - and it was TOTALLY worth it!!

See where I party!
What fun things are you putting in your house?
More later!! (: