Follow me for tips to live a richer, simpler life! My family lives "better" for less and enjoys our everyday life - and yours can too!



Monday, January 2, 2012

A Week of Menus


Hi everyone! I am back (from hibernation!) - lol.... That's what it feels like. I generally take a little bit of time around Christmas, but we went on vacation for Thanksgiving (something we have never done before!) and it wrecked havoc with my blogging!! Seems like I got into vacation mode and COULD NOT get out of it....
However, even though I took some time off, I did not forget about blogging or taking pictures or cooking great food.
...and with that in mind, and with me back on my game (finally), let's start the week off right. Here is what I am planning to make this week:

Monday
Eggplant Parmesan on Pasta with Marinara Sauce

Tuesday
"Chicken", Pears, Rice

Wednesday
Cabbage and Veggie Stir Fry with Noodles and Tofu

Thursday
Minestrone Soup
Make your own Salad

Friday
Grilled Veggie Sandwiches
Beet and Roasted Walnut Spinach Salad

To ring in the New Year yesterday, I made black eyed peas, rice, corn bread, and greens. This dish is our tradition and something I look forward to making every year....and eating for lunch for the entire week after! I love it - it reminds me of my dad and my grandparents, and the anticipation that I used to feel waiting for those beans to cook.... (it used to take at least 3 hours to make black eyed peas!). Thankfully, I own a pressure cooker, so I don't have to spend half the morning letting food cook on the stove. But, the recipe that I use is the one my grandmother used - - it's just been veganized, but the flavors are still there.

What's your New Year's Day tradition?

More later!!!  :)