Follow me for tips to live a richer, simpler life! My family lives "better" for less and enjoys our everyday life - and yours can too!



Monday, April 23, 2012

A Week of Menu Ideas - Soup and Sweet Potatoes

We had a busy, busy weekend!! We spent Saturday at the Golf, Wine, and Food Expo in Ontario. It was smaller than we expected (only 4 craft beer booths and 3 or 4 wine tasting booths and not very many golf-related booths at all). But, it was very fun. They had a lot of hands on things going on. So Mr. No-No got to get his golf swing analyzed:

And Miss No-No learned how to putt (she spent nearly the whole show on this little putting green - lol - oh, and that's not our baby....).

I told her that they would let her play golf, but I didn't know that she would have soooo much fun!! We may be looking into buying her golf clubs for her birthday and then taking her over to the putting practice green at the golf course some days.... Who knows? Maybe she will end up being a golf lover (maybe it skips a generation - lol).
Sunday, we went for brunch at this old historic hotel. We go every year with my mom and her friends from work and their families. One of the other little girls there is about the same age as Miss No-No so they end up being thick as thieves the entire time!! (:

The pictures came out fuzzy because for SOME reason, I didn't bring my camera to either of these events. And that means that I was stuck taking pictures with my cell phone!

It was nice and hot this weekend which seemed almost miserable until the cold wind blew in late Sunday night. I woke up to heavy drizzle this weekend....and according to our weather guy, it's the precursor for a wet week. But, I do not mind at all - - - Just means more soup and more comfort food!!!
I found a bunch of recipes featuring sweet potatoes this week (and while I generally don't go to the grocery store during the weekdays, I am DEFINITELY going tonight so that I can stock up and then have the ingredients on hand to make some of these great, easy, super healthy (and warming!) dishes). If you have time, check them out! I think I may make the Sweet Potato and Beet Stacks next week and maybe even the "Stuffed" Sweet Potatoes, too!!!
Anyways, here's what I have planned for this week:
Monday
Japanese style Soba Noodles with Carrots and Peas
Pan Fried Tofu
Broccoli
{Borscht}
Tuesday
Orzo with Roasted Veggies
Lentils
Wednesday
Quick Weeknight Borscht
Thursday
"Chicken" Burgers
Baked Beans
"Buttered" Broccoli
Friday
Burritos or Bean Tacos
Sweet Potato and Arugula Flat Bread
Saturday
Dinner Out
Sunday
Italian Dinner or Sweet Potato Chili
What fun things did you do this weekend?
More later! (: