Follow me for tips to live a richer, simpler life! My family lives "better" for less and enjoys our everyday life - and yours can too!



Sunday, July 1, 2012

4th of July Headband Craft


I wanted to make something with my little one that she could wear to get ready for the 4th of July - I found this on the Parents Magazine website - it was perfect and easy, and best of all, she could help me with it!!!

What You Need:
  • Blue Felt
  • White (Sticker-Backed) Felt
  • 2 Buttons
  • Headband
  • Glue gun

What to do:
  • Make a template using thin cardboard (I used this explanation to get the star just right)
  • Pin the template to blue felt and cut out two stars
  • Trim the template down slightly (about 1/8") and then pin to white felt and cut out two (smaller) stars
  • Remove sticker backing from white felt and stick to blue felt
  • Using a glue gun, glue stars onto headband (in any way that you like)
  • Glue-gun on buttons to the middle of the stars
  • Let dry
  • Celebrate!!!

If you make this, please leave me a comment and let me know - - I would love to see it!!
And check here to see places where I generally link up!!!
Cheers!
More later (: