Follow me for tips to live a richer, simpler life! My family lives "better" for less and enjoys our everyday life - and yours can too!



Sunday, October 23, 2011

Chocolate Mousse-y Pudding

Right now, we are at the height of avocado season in California....and that means I need creative ways to use these guys up!!! Fortunately, avocados during this time of year come out of the peel like butter and dissolve on my tongue like butter. I eat them raw, put them sliced on salads, cube them for soup topping and tacos, and sometimes, I just have avocados with a little sea salt on toast or rye crackers for breakfast - really, I love them. And, in moderation (lol!), they are sooo good for you - filled with good-for-you fats and lots of compounds that, when eaten on a regular basis, give your skin a great glow!! Another plus, is that they are very filling and you can flavor them!!! This recipe is a great example. This pudding comes out with a mousse-like airy-ness while still being rich and delicious.

Chocolate Mousse-y Pudding
  • 1 avocado, pitted and cut into large cubes, with skin removed
  • 8 mejdool dates, pitted (be sure to remove "stem" part too)
  • 2 Tbs agave nectar
  • 4 Tbs cocoa powder
  • 3/4 - 1 cup water

Put all ingredients (except water) into a high powered blender and begin blender on low speed. Add water through pour spout, as needed (you should need at least 3/4 cup). Continue blending (you will have to push ingredients back down towards blades - after pausing the blender - two or three times during the blending process). Taste to make sure sweetness is as desired. If you need the pudding to be sweeter, add more dates (2 - 3) or more agave nectar (1/2 Tbs at a time) until it gets to where you need it to be.


This comes out so creamy and delicious - Mr. No-No couldn't believe I hadn't added milk or tofu to it - I really didn't!
You won't believe that this can be: 1. healthy, 2. good for you, 3. filling, and 4. vegan and raw!
If you end up not wanting to share this, I can TOTALLY understand! ;)

What's YOUR favorite dessert?

You know I love to share this kind of stuff at these kinds of parties!!

More later!! :)