Follow me for tips to live a richer, simpler life! My family lives "better" for less and enjoys our everyday life - and yours can too!



Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A Week of Menus - Easy, Peasy, Freezy Meals

{Grand Canyon Image from the NPS website}
Hey everyone! If you follow me on Facebook, then you know I was out of town for a couple of days. My family and I decided to go to the Grand Canyon - it was a fun trip, but a lot (!) more driving than I realized. And, since it's the first major road trip we have ever taken as a family (there were 8 of us), I think we were a little unrealistic (overly-optimistic???) on how long it would take, how few breaks we would need, how long a stop at a gas station could actually end up taking.....
But, it was fun!!

Sorry for the late-ness of these menus - we didn't actually get home until Monday night and we just finally got our rental car returned last night. And now we are ready to eat a home-cooked dinner!! But, since I am still in vacation mode, I am using some meals that are VERY fast and easy and some others that I have socked away in the freezer so that getting dinner on the table goes faster. (This is a great idea for when you KNOW you may not have time to cook next week or next month - you can just make double of some recipes that you think will freeze well, wrap them up, stick them in the freezer and in a couple of weeks, you have TONS of pre-cooked food that just needs to be defrosted during the day and then re-heated when it's dinner time!)

BUT - on to the menus (:

Monday
{Stir Fry with Noodles}

Cheese and Refried Bean "Quesadillas"

Tuesday
Bean Burritos

Wednesday
Garden Burgers and Broccoli

Thursday
Frozen Black Eyed Peas
Green Salads
Dinner Rolls

Friday
Tofu Stir Fry with Noodles
(using frozen stir-fry mixed vegetable bag)

Saturday
Dinner Out

Sunday
Pasta Dinner
Green Salad
Garlic Bread

Do you have any summer vacation plans?? Leave me a comment and let me know what they are!
More later! (: